This chocolate strawberry almond protein smoothie looks like a typical green smoothie, but it’s not. Not only does it have strawberries, but also almonds and superfoods. And, it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and has no refined sugars.
Chocolate Strawberry Almond Protein Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 cup organic strawberries
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup organic raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic maca powder
- 1 tablespoon organic hemp seeds
- organic hemp seeds
- organic cacao nibs
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Optional: garnish with organic hemp seeds or organic cacao nibs.
Tip #1: I like to make my own homemade almond milk with my Vitamix to avoid the additives and processed boxed milk, but you can substitute it your favorite non-dairy (or dairy for non-vegan) milk. I buy my raw, organic, unpasteurized, sproutable almonds in bulk from here. Tip #2: The organic hemp seeds and organic cacao nibs for garnish are optional and added for extra nutrition. Tip #3: You can use fresh or frozen strawberries…I like to use frozen so I don’t have to add ice cubes.