This recipe has some true beauty foods in it: avocado, coconut, and dark chocolate. Yes, a healthy moderation of dark chocolate is good for you. Dark chocolate is less processed than lower percentage chocolates and the cocoa solids contain healthy compounds called flavonols. These have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Fudge [Vegan]
- 1 - 3 oz. bar of bittersweet or dark chocolate – 70% or higher, chopped
- *1 ripe Large avocado, de-seeded and pureed
- *1/3 cup of organic full fat coconut milk (canned)
- *1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *Stevia to taste
- *1/4 teaspoon salt
- *Raw pistachio nuts (chopped) or your choice of nuts – optional
- I used an 8 by 8-inch baking pan. Line the pan with a sheet of parchment paper, with the excess hanging over the sides. Set aside.
- Heat all of the ingredients in a medium glass bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water), stirring until the chocolate has completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Add the nuts if using. Stir to incorporate.
- Scrape the mixture with a spatula into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours. The longer it chills, the firmer it gets. Mine sat overnight and came out best. This is still a soft fudge!
- Use the parchment paper to lift it out of the pan and on to a cutting board. Peel off the parchment paper and cut the fudge into 1-inch pieces. Store refrigerated in an airtight container.