This zucchini cobbler is an absolutely scrumptious late summer dessert. By being cooked in (xylitol) caramel, the zucchini becomes surprisingly sweet and undeniable delicious.
Zucchini Skillet Cobbler [Vegan]
- 1 Tablespoon xylitol
- 2 1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
- sweetener to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat a greased 8-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the xylitol is completely melted, as it burns easily.
- Add in the chopped zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Stir together all the ingredients for the topping and sprinkle on top of the zucchini.
- Bake in the oven at 350 F for about 30 minutes, or until the topping is golden. Let cool for a few minutes before digging in.