Once you pop, you can’t stop! I’m talking about chips of course. Who can actually open a bag of chips and eat just one? No one! I love finding healthy alternatives for chips because lets face it, who doesn’t love hummus and chips? These crackers are a tasty and nutritious option for when you're craving something crunchy, without all the added salt, fat and chemicals.These crackers didn’t last more than a couple of days in my house!
Flax and Chia Seed Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups water
- 2 T soy sauce
- 2 T liquid smoke
- Garlic Salt
- Soak seeds in the 2 cups of water, soy sauce & liquid smoke for 1 hour (doing this, they create a gel. It helps them stick together!)
- Preheat the oven for 350°F .
- Place parchment paper in 9×13 AND 8×8 pan and oil them up with olive oil or nonstick spray.
- Spread the seeds out thin enough to cover entire pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes. If they are still gooey add additional time.
- Flip the crackers over and bake an additional 45 minutes.
- The crackers are done when they are completely dried out. You don’t want any damp seeds.
- Once dried, cut and enjoy!
Please note, to make this recipe raw – cook in the dehydrator and NOT the oven. Put in dehydrator for 8 hours. Check to make sure it’s not gooey, if it is then leave it for another couple of hours. Flip the crackers over & repeat!