For all our plant-powered athletes or everyday active individuals looking to get the right ratio of protein, carbs, and healthy fats, this general guide is a great choice for you. It is suited for both men and women, depending on food preferences and individual body needs. Men may need more protein and calories than women, and you may also find it helpful to vary your ratio of proteins, carbohydrates and fats before and after workouts to see which ones work best for you. Remember that you’ll need to fuel up before and after your workout, and choosing whole food sources of protein, carbs, and fats will benefit you further than processed energy bars or other foods full of additives and fillers.
This plan is also full of unrefined sugars and grains and focuses on whole, plant-based foods that give the body the nutrients it needs with no calorie restrictions. It also doesn’t exclude food groups (such as grains, carbs, or fat). Explore these recipes and let our plant-based meal plan energize your active lifestyle!
For those looking to transition to eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App – with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy and strong!
See more vegan breakfast recipes here.
See more vegan dinner recipes here.
Recommended Resources to Eat Like an Athlete
Curious about other ways to get enough protein on a vegan diet? Check out the following resources:
- 25 Delicious Vegan Sources of Protein (The Ultimate Guide!)
- Sample Meal Plans for the Female Vegan Athlete
- 5 Plant-Based Foods that Will Help You Build Muscle
- 5 Clean Muscle-Building Foods for Athletes That Are All-Vegan
- 15 Clean, Vegan Protein Powders That Prove Protein is Way Better Without Whey
- Athletic Performance Problems That Can be Helped by Eating Plant-Based
- 10 Must-Read Articles For Plant-Based Athletes
- 5 Plant-Based Athletes That Blow the Protein Myth Out of the Water
- Plant-Based Weekly Meal Plan By Diet: ENDURANCE ATHLETE MENU
- Common Benefits Athletes Experience When Switching to a Vegan Diet
- What Do Vegan Athletes Eat?
- An Endurance Athletes Guide to Preparing and Eating Vegan Food
- The Ultimate Guide to Being a Vegan Athlete!
- 10 Tips on Eating Plant-Strong for Athletic Performance
- 10 Amazing Athletes that Eat Plant-Powered for Performance
- The Best Fitness Aids for Plant-Based Athletes
- How to Make Your Own Energy Gels For Endurance Athletics
- Eating for Endurance: 15 High Carb, High Protein Products to Fuel Your Workout
- 15 Protein-Packed Vegan Recipes That Feature Beans, Chickpeas, Lentils, and More Pulses!
- 15 Easy High-Protein Tofu Recipes That are So(y) Tasty!
- Anti-Inflammatory Herbs and Spices for Athletes
- Top 10 Anti-Inflammatory Foods for the Vegan Athlete
BONUS Recommendation: Download Food Monster App For Amazing Plant-Based Recipes!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! it’s a brilliant Food app and a great resource for anyone looking to cut out or reduce allergens like meat, dairy, soy, gluten, eggs, grains, and more! You can also make meal plans, add bookmarks, read feature stories, and browse recipes across hundreds of categories like diet, cuisine, meal type, occasion, ingredient, popular, seasonal, and so much more!
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.