This is one of my favorite vegan recipes. Spiced tempeh with roasted asparagus, tomatoes, black beans, quinoa, and Indian spices. I made it in my cast-iron skillet, which requires very little fat/oil to cook in, plus you fortify your food with a little bit of iron.
Spiced Indian Tempeh With Vegetables and Quinoa [Vegan]
- 3.5 ounces of tempeh
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 4-5 stems of raw asparagus
- 1/2 cup of cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tsp of Indian spice mix or curry powder
- 3 tbsp of salsa
- fresh herbs (I used coriander)
- Preheat the skillet to medium heat.
- Once it’s hot, lightly grease the surface with coconut oil and add the tempeh.
- Stir fry until golden brown and add your vegetables, spices, and salsa until cooked and browned.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
You can substitute the quinoa with another grain and the beans with your favourite legume. I often make this with Mexican spices for variety. It’s a great way to use leftovers from the week.