Homemade granola is so much healthier than shop-bought, since you can decide exactly what you want to include in the recipe and it only takes 10 minutes of your precious time to prepare. Avoiding refined sugars, this healthy granola is sweetened using only date syrup – that only takes a few seconds to make – and a tiny drop of maple syrup, so it’s high in nutrients, low in fat and absolutely bursting with superfoods!
Healthy Plum and Pecan Granola [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 plums
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (regular or gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dessicated or flaked coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt (or other good salt)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 10g coconut oil (about 1 tsp solid)
- 5 dates, pitted
- 3 Tbsp + 1 tsp water (divide out 1 tbsp)
- Optional: 1/2 cup dried fruit such as goji berries, sour cherries or sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop the plums into small chunks and heat in a saucepan with the maple syrup, 1 tbsp of water, coconut oil, cinnamon and ginger. Leave to simmer gently for 5-10 minutes, they should be softened but not puréed.
- Process the dates and the remaining water until roughly combined.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl (minus the dried fruit, if you are using it) and mix together with the date syrup and plums.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture out as evenly as possible, preferably in one layer.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring once to ensure even cooking.
- If you are using dried fruit, stir this through once you remove the granola from the oven.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.
- Goji Berry
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile