These banana granola bars are perfect for maintaining a well-balanced diet and keeping you full. By taking 40 minutes at the beginning of the week to make these granola bars you are providing yourself (and your family) with a healthy breakfast or snack for an entire week. Plus, they’re delicious––even the pickiest eaters will gobble them down! Perfect for a post-workout snack or a breakfast on the go, these bars contain no nuts, but plenty of flavor.
Banana Granola Bars [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Granola Bars [Vegan]
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 cups oats, quick or rolled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
How to Prepare Banana Granola Bars [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease and line a 9×13-inch baking dish, set aside.
- Use a fork to completely mash up the bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and use a sturdy spoon (or your hands) to mix everything really well.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Use a flat, burger-type spatula, to press the granola mixture with a lot of pressure. This is really important because it allows the bars to stay in bar form instead of crumbling like regular granola.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Use the spatula to press the mixture back down immediately after removing it from the oven. Let it cool completely.
- When the granola is cooled, flip it onto a cutting board and remove the paper. Cut it into 12 equal bars and store in an airtight container or wrapped in saran wrap.
You can substitute the banana for a 1/2 cup of any other pureed vegetable or fruit. For fruits that are higher in water, like berries, use less than a 1/2 cup. You can also substitute the flaxseed and coconut for any other nuts, seeds or ground supplements like maca powder, chia seeds, pumpkins seeds, etc.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 4651 | Total Carbs: 663 g | Total Fat: 180 g | Total Protein: 115 g | Total Sodium: 1126 g | Total Sugar: 197 g Per Serving: Calories: 388 | Carbs: 55 g | Fat: 15 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 94 mg | Sugar: 16 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.