I am so pleased with these little bites. They came out so much more delicious than I expected. I think this is because I love the taste of molasses and there is a good amount of it here. If you don't like molasses, or don't have any, then either scale back or omit altogether.
Almond Gingerbread Bites [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 T flax meal
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1/3 cup packed medjool dates, soaked
- 2-4 T unsulfured blackstrap molasses (adjust according to taste)
- 1 cup sucanat, for rolling the final product in
- Process your almonds in a food processor until a powder forms. Dump into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Pit and peel your soaked dates and process them in the food processor until a paste forms. You may have to scrape down the sides.
- Combine the date paste, the coconut oil, and the molasses in a bowl until incorporated. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Wet your hands and roll the dough into bite-sized balls.
- Roll them in coconut sugar or sucanat, if desired.
- Place in the fridge until you're ready to serve.