Instead of tuna, these boys are made from chickpeas with seaweed flakes to give them that scent and taste of the sea. A vegan chickpea tuna salad sandwich is a great lunch to bring to work or school. It's got a lot of protein and is absolutely delicious! This is also a super easy dish to assemble, so you don't have to worry about rushing around in the morning. This vegan chickpea tuna salad sandwich will keep you full and focused throughout the day!
Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Salad Sandwich [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Salad Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1- 15 ounces can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 stalks celery with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dill pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons kelp or dulse or seaweed flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon each onion powder, dill, parsley, celery salt and Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
How to Prepare Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Salad Sandwich [Vegan]
- Mash the chickpeas so that hardly any whole ones remain. Add all ingredients and mix well. Add more flakes if you want it to taste more “like the sea” or less if you want. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve the chickpea “tuna” salad on a platter with lettuce and veggies or put it in a sandwich. I added romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and alfalfa sprouts to mine. Tom had his on sourdough bread while I had mine on gluten-free red rice bread.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 447 | Total Carbs: 54 g | Total Fat: 24 g | Total Protein: 19 g | Total Sodium: 1874 g | Total Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.