This classic French dessert is one heavenly treat. While it may seem difficult to re-create on your own, it really can be a breeze to whip up this heavenly treat in no time. With just a few simple ingredients and a creme brulée torch, available at most department stores in the kitchen section, you will feel like a five-star chef right in your own kitchen.
Creme Brulée [Vegan]
- 2 cups soy milk (500 mL)
- 1½ pkgs. vanilla pudding mix (not the instant variety)
- 9 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 1¼ cups cold soy whipping cream (300 mL)
- Stir between ⅓ and ½ cup (100 mL) soy milk together with the vanilla pudding mix and 5 tablespoons raw cane sugar together until smooth.
- Bring the remaining soy milk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the pudding mix.
- Bring to a boil again briefly, while stirring, and then allow the pudding to cool off at room temperature.
- Finally, put the pudding in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Beat the soy whipping cream until stiff and then mix into the pudding one spoon at a time.
- Fill the cream into 4 shallow bowls (diameter: 3 inches or 8 cm), and use a spoon to spread it out smoothly.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon raw cane sugar evenly over each serving and caramelize with a creme brulée torch.