This is everything you would expect in a traditional hash. A mix of textures, savory flavors, a touch of creaminess, and a crispy golden color. Hearty and simple, this meal is perfect for brunch for a crowd, or dinner for one.
Root Vegetable Hash With Avocado Creme [Vegan]
- 1 T vegan butter
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c turnips, diced
- 1 c sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 c broccoli florets, diced
- 1 c collard greens, chopped
- 2 vegan sausages, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 c cashews
- 1/4 – 1/2 c vegetable stock
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add turnips and sweet potatoes and stir to combine. Let cook 5-8 minutes.
- Add broccoli and greens. Continue cooking until bright green and starting to soften, another 5-8 minutes.
- Add field roast, salt, pepper, cumin, cilantro, and vinegar. Reduce heat to low and let cook until field roast is warmed and flavors meld.
- Combine avocado, cashews, and vegetable stock in a blender until smooth.
- Plate and serve hash with a spoonful of avocado creme on top. Garnish with more cilantro.
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
30 g carbs, 19 g fat, 17 g protein, 691 mg sodium, 7 g sugar Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile