Hubby and I enjoy grabbing a quick bite at Native Foods. One of my favorite dishes there is the Sesame Kale Macro Bowl. The recipe below is my knock off, minus the tempeh. Add some baked or fried if you like!
Miso Sesame Kale Bowl-ed Over [Vegan, Raw]
Ingredients You Need for Miso Sesame Kale Bowl-ed Over [Vegan, Raw]
- 4 cups chopped raw kale
- 1 cup prepared sauerkraut (milder flavored recommended)
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked brown or wild/brown rice mixture
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs. Braggs or gluten-free tamari sauce
- 2 Tbs. white miso paste
- 2 Tbs. tahini
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
How to Prepare Miso Sesame Kale Bowl-ed Over [Vegan, Raw]
- In a non-stick pan using medium-high heat, brown sesame seeds and remove to a bowl for later.
- Use the same pan and add kale, stirring until wilted. Move to one side of the pan and place sauerkraut on the other side. Turn down heat to low, cover and allow sauerkraut to warm up.
- To prepare sauce, add water, Braggs, miso, tahini and ginger to food processor or blender and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Spoon cooked rice into bowl, top with kale and sauerkraut. Pour on miso sauce to taste. Sprinkle on some toasted sesame seeds. Eat and by healthy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 474 | Carbs: 62 g | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 18 g | Sodium: 1745 mg | Sugar: 4 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.