This is a great hearty salad for nights you want something a little indulgent (bacon bits and ranch, ahem). You can make your own ranch dressing or buy a vegan variety from the store. I love a dinner that’s on the table in under twenty minutes, less than that if you opt for store-bought ranch.
Hearty Cobb Salad [Vegan]
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup vegan bacon bits
- 1/4 cup vegan ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup kidney beans (half a 15-ounce can), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup peas, thawed
- Combine lettuce and dressing in a large bowl. Toss to coat the lettuce nicely and evenly with the dressing.
- Add the remaining ingredients and serve.