Basically a dried red date, the jujube is a fruit grown in Southern Asia. It is a pretty reddish maroon in color, with one large seed in the middle. When dried, the seed can be easily removed and the jujube can be cut up or eaten whole...its sweet like candy either way! Plus, jujube's have all these awesome benefits; they are said to alleviate stress, help with tummy aches, cleanse the blood and liver, prevent sore throat, insomnia, and premature aging, and even act as a diuretic! They are commonly made into a sweet jujube tea or cake...but we liked 'em in our morning oats!
Jujube, Raspberry, and Hemp Seed Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup jujubes, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup almond slivers
- Put water and salt in a small pot and bring to a boil. Add oats and simmer for 10-15 minutes, depending on the consistency you prefer.
- Once cooked, mix jujubes, raspberries, and hemp seeds into oatmeal, and pour into your favoriten bowl.
- Sprinkle with almonds & serve with warm hemp milk.