This vegan chili is the perfect large pot meal to make ahead of time, especially on a rainy day. You’ll have leftovers that are great for additional quick meals. This chili is incredibly healthy made with lots of veggies and beans that are a great source of protein, leaving you feeling satisfied.
Healthy Chili [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Healthy Chili [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon divided
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 2 cups cubed)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder (or cayenne)
- 24 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup kidney beans, rinsed
- 1/4 and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, divided
How to Prepare Healthy Chili [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and cube butternut squash into 1 inch cubes.
- On a baking sheet toss butternut squash with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and 1/8 tsp. sea salt.
- Bake squash for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic and chili powder for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add zucchini and thyme, cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the jar of crushed tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, roasted butternut squash, chipotle powder and ¼ tsp. sea salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- If desired, garnish with scallions, or try guacamole for a creamy more decadent garnish.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1481 | Total Carbs: 225 g | Total Fat: 52 g | Total Protein: 54 g | Total Sodium: 3062 g | Total Sugar: 40 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.