These simple sweet treats are reminiscent of the Rice Krispy cakes of my childhood; this version is vegan-friendly, refined sugar-free and has an impressive nutritional profile thanks to the use of coconut oil, raw cacao powder and popped quinoa.
Popped Quinoa Chocolate Crispy Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup liquid sweetener of choice
- 1 cup popped/puffed quinoa (puffed rice/buckwheat/oats would work too)
- In a large mixing bowl stir together the coconut oil, cacao powder and sweetener.
- Add the popped quinoa and mix everything together until the quinoa is completely covered by the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 6 cupcake cases then place them on a tray or plate and leave them to set in the fridge for an hour or two.