Feel like oatmeal? Make your bowl different with this recipe. I used a special ingredient in this bowl of oatmeal: baobab powder! It comes from the gorgeous baobab tree and is super nutritious.
Banana Oatmeal With Hazelnut Butter, Raisins and Baobab Powder [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Oatmeal With Hazelnut Butter, Raisins and Baobab Powder [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons steel cut oats
- Pinch Himalayan Salt
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or preferred sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baobab fruit powder
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 large sliced banana
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
How to Prepare Banana Oatmeal With Hazelnut Butter, Raisins and Baobab Powder [Vegan]
- Pour the water into a pot and stir in the salt.
- Throw in all the oats and bring the water to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, bring the temperate down to low and simmer until the oats absorb the water, I like my oatmeal thin so I don't cook it for that long, around 20-30 minutes.
- Throw all the other ingredients - except the banana and raisins, into the bottom of a bowl, then pour on your oatmeal and mix everything together.
- Top with banana slices, raisins, and hemp seeds. Ahhh. Yum.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 730 | Total Carbs: 129 g | Total Fat: 11 g | Total Protein: 16 g | Total Sodium: 7 g | Total Sugar: 54 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.