Quinoa is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed that has a fluffy, creamy, can be slightly crunchy texture and a nutty aroma when cooked. Quinoa supplies complete protein, meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids, making it a good choice for vegans concerned about adequate protein intake. On the other hand, pomegranate contains: Potassium, Vitamin A, B vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Iron. The seeds, which you can eat, contain fiber. This porridge is so filling and the pomegranates make it divine.
Pomegranate Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Pomegranate Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 cups milk almond milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 organic prunes, pitted and cut into 1/4’s
- 1 pomegranate pulp
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- stewed apples (2 apples granny smith, 1/2 cup purified water)
- coconut flakes to garnish
How to Prepare Pomegranate Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
- Place quinoa and almond milk into saucepan, and stir on medium to low heat for approximately 7 minutes, until smooth consistency
- Add cinnamon, desiccated coconut and vanilla extract ( add more if needed) and taste
- Pit prunes and cut into quarters, add to porridge stir in well
- Serve into individual bowls
- Add scoop of stewed apple (see recipe below), pomegranates (use the juice from pomegranate), prunes and coconut flakes
- Ready to eat!
- Peel, core, slice apples and place into saucepan with water
- Cook apples on a medium heat, until soft
- Remove from heat, drain and mash apples
- Ready to serve!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.