Quinoa is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed that has a fluffy, creamy, can be slightly crunchy texture and a nutty aroma when cooked. Quinoa supplies complete protein, meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids, making it a good choice for vegans concerned about adequate protein intake. On the other hand, pomegranate contains: Potassium, Vitamin A, B vitamins, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Iron. The seeds, which you can eat, contain fiber. This porridge is so filling and the pomegranates make it divine.
Pomegranate Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 cups milk almond milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (add more if needed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 organic prunes, pitted and cut into 1/4’s
- 1 pomegranate pulp
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- stewed apples (2 apples granny smith, 1/2 cup purified water)
- coconut flakes to garnish
- Place quinoa and almond milk into saucepan, and stir on medium to low heat for approximately 7 minutes, until smooth consistency
- Add cinnamon, desiccated coconut and vanilla extract ( add more if needed) and taste
- Pit prunes and cut into quarters, add to porridge stir in well
- Serve into individual bowls
- Add scoop of stewed apple (see recipe below), pomegranates (use the juice from pomegranate), prunes and coconut flakes
- Ready to eat!
- Peel, core, slice apples and place into saucepan with water
- Cook apples on a medium heat, until soft
- Remove from heat, drain and mash apples
- Ready to serve!