It may seem weird to eat quinoa in the morning but it actually makes a great breakfast. This quinoa breakfast bowl is a tasty vegan, gluten-free meal that will keep you feeling happy and full until lunchtime! The secret is making the quinoa in non-dairy milk with delicious spices. Then it's topped with fruit and protein packed seeds and nuts for extra power. This quinoa breakfast bowl is the perfect way to start your morning!
Protein-Packed Breakfast Quinoa Bowl [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Protein-Packed Breakfast Quinoa Bowl [Vegan]
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground ginger
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, or any dried fruit
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw almonds, chopped
- 2 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, or any fresh fruit
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Coconut milk for drizzling
How to Prepare Protein-Packed Breakfast Quinoa Bowl [Vegan]
- Mix almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg and ginger in a pot then add the quinoa. Bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Sir in the dried cranberries and maple syrup and adjust sweetness to taste.
- Spoon the quinoa into bowls and top each serving with almonds, sunflower seeds, blueberries, chia seeds and a drizzle of coconut milk and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.