If you've ever considered making your own plant-based milk but thought it would be too difficult or time-consuming, this guide's for you! Making your own nut or seed milk is quick and easy, and brings several benefits: You can make any kind of milk you want. Use almonds, cashews, walnuts, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, or any combination of nuts and seeds! You can customize the sweetness and flavors. Add vanilla, agave, stevia, or brown rice syrup if you'd like, or leave it plain and unsweetened. Skip all the cardboard and plastic! If you buy nuts and seeds in bulk, making your own milk is both economical and eco-friendly! The video and step-by-step instructions below will guide you though the simple process of making your own almond (or other nut/seed) milk. Let's get started!
How to Make Almond Milk [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for How to Make Almond Milk [Vegan]
- 1 cup raw almonds
How to Prepare How to Make Almond Milk [Vegan]
- Soak 1 cup of raw almonds for 4-8 hours to soften.
- Drain almonds and add to blender with 4 cups of water.
- In a high-speed blender, blend almonds and water on high speed about 30 seconds, or until very well mixed.
- Pour almond milk mixture into a very fine mesh strainer and allow to drain. Stir the mixture in the strainer to help the liquid come through.
- Remove pulp from strainer after all liquid has drained and add more of the almond milk mixture. You will probably need to do several batches depending on the size of your strainer. Either discard the pulp or save for use in baking or as a nut cheese.
- Store almond milk in the refrigerator. You'll need to shake it well before serving, but it should stay good for at least several days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Nut-based Milk
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.