It’s time to unleash your inner cookie monster! Cashews, dates, vanilla and sea salt – that’s all you need to create ooey-gooey raw vegan cookie dough. Now let’s take it one step further by adding chocolate chips and guess what we’re left with…chocolate chip cookie dough bites!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites [Vegan]
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil (optional, only add this if you like coconut)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut sugar (optional, replace with extra dates if needed)
- 1/4 and 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt (start with 1/4 teaspoon and add to taste)
- 2 large pinches of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Place your cashews in a food processor fitted with an S-blade and process until finely ground.
- Add the dates and process again.
- Add coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix again until well combined.
- Finally, add your chocolate chips and pulse to mix.
- Shape your dough into small chocolate chip cookie dough bites and place them in the freezer for at least 10 minutes or the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites will stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrigerator for at least 1 month. For a variation on this recipe, replace the cashews with almond flour. Or how about using oats for a nut free version?