This week’s meal plan is all about healthy grains! So, if you’ve got grains laying around your kitchen, this is the time to pull them out! From rice to bulgar to brown rice, even oats, this meal plan covers all of it. You can also feel free to switch out the grains for some of these, too. Healthy grains have so many benefits and adding them into your diet helps you get vital nutrients. Plus, these recipes can be made with pantry staples!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you ways to eat and enjoy healthy grains made for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
If you’re craving breakfast this week, try out one of these recipes! You can make pancakes from oat flour, which you grind yourself in your blender. If you’re not a fan of oats, you can try making brown rice porridge or even try out making your own bircher mix!
- Hearty Buckwheat Waffles with Strawberries by Happy Food, Bettina Campolucci Bordi
- Brown Rice Porridge With Rhubarb Ginger Compote by Claire Ragozzino
- Banana Oatmeal Blender Pancakes with Berry Compote by Caroline Doucet
- Shockingly Healthy Baked Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal by Claire Cary
- Quinoa and Spiced Blueberry Bircher by Tiana Haines
Source: Brown Rice Jambalaya
Lunch can be one of those meal that you’re tempted just to eat whatever is laying around. But, if you’ve got healthy grains in your house and you’re looking for a way to use them, these recipes will hit the spot! Try out making some tabbouleh or even some jambalaya!
- Buckwheat and Avocado Tabbouleh by Rita Marie
- Coconut Brown Rice Bowl With Avocado Cream Dressing by Taryn Fitz-Gerald
- Brown Rice Jambalaya by Lindsay Clarke
- Easy Tempeh Oat Meatballs by Hailee Repko
- Broccoli Couscous by Lenia Patsi
Source: Mixed Roasted Vegetable Bulgur
If you’re looking to mix up your dinners, try out these recipes! You can use brown rice to make patties and even use it an easy brown rice and broccoli bake!
- Lentil and Brown Rice Patties by Talida Voinea
- Super Greens, Brown Rice, and Tempeh Macro Bowl by Rachel Mansfield
- Easy Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice Bake by Kelly Williams
- Mixed Roasted Vegetable Bulgur by Kristen Genton
- Chickpea Quinoa Meatball Subs by Shanika Graham-White
Did you know you can fit in your healthy grains in your dessert? The best way is to use oats to make oatcakes or even these healthy cranberry oatmeal squares! But, if you don’t have oats on hand, that’s okay! You can use millet to make a cake or even make rice pudding!
- Chocolate Millet Cake by Namita Tiwari
- Easy Nova Scotia Oatcakes by Caroline Doucet
- Healthy Cranberry Oatmeal Squares by Allie Penner
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Taavi Moore
- Arroz Con Dulce (Rice Pudding) by Desiree Rodriguez
Healthy grains are great to snack on! You can makes so many delicious recipes like these oat bites! You can even make veggie balls and even rice balls!
- Puffed Buckwheat Chocolate Bites by Vicky Coates
- Brown Rice Crackers by Melanie Sorrentino
- Baked Spinach and Bulgur Veggie Balls by Sophie Yotova
- Zucchini Brown Rice Arancini by Tori Cooper
- Chocolate Banana Protein Oat Bites by Vicky Coates
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!