This is a really easy meal to make – one that’s perfect for a midweek dinner when you don’t want to worry about spending ages over the stove and then the subsequent cleaning up. It is incredibly filling and so spicy! It is loaded with chopped vegetables and super simple to create.
Brown Rice Jambalaya [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Bring the vegetable stock to a boil over high heat. Rinse the rice thoroughly and add to the vegetable stock, cooking according to the instructions on your packet.
- Cook the sausages according to the instructions (optional).
- In a large pan, add the oil over medium heat. Then add the onion with a pinch of salt, stirring until it starts to soften and get translucent (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and sautée for a further 1-2 minutes. Then add the vegetables, tomato paste, seasonings, and a splash of water. Mix well.
- Lower the heat to low-medium and cover. Cook the veggies for around 10-12 minutes until they have started to soften. Make sure to stir every few minutes and add more water if the mixture begins to stick.
- Once the rice is done cooking, drain and add to the pan with the veggies. Mix well and add a splash of water to loosen the mixture if needed.
Heat through for a couple minutes, season to taste and serve immediately with your choice of sausage.