Rich and fudgy, this banana chocolate baked oatmeal is supercharged with protein from a protein shake, spread and protein powder as well as being gluten free!
Chocolate Banana Protein Oat Bites [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 large ripe bananas
- 1 heaped tablespoon of chocolate spread
- 1 cup Banana flavored Protein Shake
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a baking tray with parchment, covering the base and sides.
- Put the ground flax seeds into a cup or mug and mix with 1/3 cup cold water. Set aside.
- Peel the banana and break into chunks into a large bowl. Mash well with a fork.
- Add the chocolate spread, shake, syrup and whisk together.
- Whisk in the flax/water mixture.
- Stir in the oats and baking powder and mix well.
- Pour into your prepared tin and smooth to the corners.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips all across the top then gently push them into the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes until set and lightly golden
- Eat immediately or leave to cool before cutting into squares and storing in the fridge or freezer