These healthy cranberry oatmeal squares are free from oil and refined sugar, making them the perfect snack or dessert. Made with sunflower seed butter, coconut sugar, and maple syrup!
Healthy Cranberry Oatmeal Squares [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax plus 2.5 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or any other nut or seed butter)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the cranberries, maple syrup, and raisins in a medium saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat until the mixture has thickened, 10-15 minutes. The cranberries will make popping sounds as they cook, which is normal.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flax and water in a large bowl. Set aside for a couple of minutes to thicken. Add the almond milk, sunflower seed butter, coconut sugar, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Next, add the rolled oats, oat flour, sea salt, and coconut. Stir.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 8×8 or 9×9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- With wet fingers, press half of the dough into the prepared baking dish. Spoon the cranberries over top and crumble the remaining dough over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let the square cool completely before slicing into 9-12 squares.