Absolutely bursting with sneaky Vitamins A, B6 and C as well as iron, potassium and manganese, you won’t believe the magic that roast sweet potato, fresh basil and balsamic glaze can create in your mouth until you try it for yourself.
Sweet Potato Bruschetta [Vegan]
- 1 large Sweet Potato, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch thick ‘coins’ (unpeeled)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Red Onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- ½ Avocado, peeled and chopped
- A few sprigs of fresh Basil leaves
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat oven to 450F (or a little higher if your oven is not fan-forced).
- Grease a baking tray with oil and rub the potato coins in the oil, being sure to coat both sides. Lay coins flat on the tray in a single layer and season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Roast potato coins, undisturbed, for 15 to 20 minutes. Carefully flip coins over – the undersides should be dark golden brown. If they’re not, let them roast a little longer.
- Return to the oven and allow to roast for another 10 minutes or so – until the tops match the undersides.
- Meanwhile, combine onion, tomatoes and avocado in a bowl.
- When the potatoes are done, remove from oven and place onto serving plates.
- Top each coin with bruschetta salad mix and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, serve, and enjoy!