This tasty power bowl will give you the fuel you need to make it through your day. It has brown rice, chickpeas, and tempeh to give you lasting energy throughout the day, cucumbers for crunch, and wakame for a burst of unique flavor that you can get only from sea veggies. Power bowls make great meals because it's so easy to get variety — if you're not a fan of rice, you can easily swap it out for a different grain. You can prep these bowls the night before and then bring them along as lunch for work or school.
Super Greens, Brown Rice, and Tempeh Macro Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 3 cups of greens
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup of wakame
- 1 cup of spiralized cucumbers
- 9-ounces of prepared tempeh
- A sprinkle of sesame seeds
- In 2 bowls, split all ingredients evenly.
- Place brown rice, greens, sliced avocado, chickpeas, wakame, cucumbers, and tempeh in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds on top of each.
- Toss each bowl with dressing of your choice, such as extra virgin olive oil and hummus.
- Brown Rice
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile