This vegan broccoli casserole is simple and nourishing. Full of nutritional yeast, an array of spices, and rice, it'll be a family favorite. Easy, comforting, and homey––the perfect meal for your busy life. It’s especially easy to make if you cook the brown rice in advance. Lots of broccoli-rice dishes require pre-blanching the broccoli or sautéing garlic and onions, but no need to do that with this recipe. This vegan broccoli casserole is just about as simple as it gets! You pretty much just mix brown rice and broccoli in a casserole dish and stir it up with a basic cheesy sauce. Easy peasy.
Easy Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice Bake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Easy Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice Bake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- One large head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 3 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (and an optional additional 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or granules
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- A few shakes or twists black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter (optional)
How to Prepare Easy Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice Bake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 400˚.
- Prepare a small* casserole or baking dish by spraying it with oil. Add the brown rice and broccoli florets directly to the dish and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the almond milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper and whisk until combined. Pour about 3/4 of the sauce over the rice and broccoli mixture, reserving about 1/4. Stir gently so that the mixture is coated. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dish from the oven, uncover, and stir. Dot with the Earth Balance. If the casserole is looking dry, add the additional 1/4 cup almond milk. Return to oven (uncovered), and bake for another 10 minutes, then remove from oven and pour the remaining sauce over the top. Eat!
Total Calories: 1178 | Total Carbs: 180 g | Total Fat: 32 g | Total Protein: 34 g | Total Sodium: 574 g | Total Sugar: 6 g (Per Serving) Calories: 363 | Carbs: 60 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 191 g | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.