This vegan broccoli casserole is simple and nourishing. Full of nutritional yeast, an array of spices, and rice, it'll be a family favorite. Easy, comforting, and homey––the perfect meal for your busy life. It’s especially easy to make if you cook the brown rice in advance. Lots of broccoli-rice dishes require pre-blanching the broccoli or sautéing garlic and onions, but no need to do that with this recipe. This vegan broccoli casserole is just about as simple as it gets! You pretty much just mix brown rice and broccoli in a casserole dish and stir it up with a basic cheesy sauce. Easy peasy.
Easy Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice Bake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Easy Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice Bake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- One large head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 3 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (and an optional additional 1/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or granules
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- A few shakes or twists black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan butter (optional)
How To Make Easy Cheesy Broccoli and Brown Rice Bake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 400˚.
- Prepare a small* casserole or baking dish by spraying it with oil. Add the brown rice and broccoli florets directly to the dish and stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of the almond milk, nutritional yeast, mustard, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper and whisk until combined. Pour about 3/4 of the sauce over the rice and broccoli mixture, reserving about 1/4. Stir gently so that the mixture is coated. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dish from the oven, uncover, and stir. Dot with the Earth Balance. If the casserole is looking dry, add the additional 1/4 cup almond milk. Return to oven (uncovered), and bake for another 10 minutes, then remove from oven and pour the remaining sauce over the top. Eat!
- Brown Rice
- Cheesy Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1178 | Total Carbs: 180 g | Total Fat: 32 g | Total Protein: 34 g | Total Sodium: 574 g | Total Sugar: 6 g (Per Serving) Calories: 363 | Carbs: 60 g | Fat: 11 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 191 g | Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Very Good. My daughter loved it! However, I did make a few changes. Steam broccoli first, soy instead of almond milk, sauteed onions and garlic first and mixed with the rice and broccoli. I also doubled the liquid and added 1 tbl of arrowroot powder to help thicken the sauce
We’re so glad you enjoyed it! If you got any pictures of your creation make sure to tag us using #Foodmonsterapp on Instagram so we can feature you on our page!