This brown rice porridge with rhubarb ginger compote is simply delicious and a great cooler weather breakfast in springtime!
Brown Rice Porridge With Rhubarb Ginger Compote [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Brown Rice Porridge With Rhubarb Ginger Compote [Vegan]
- 1 cup brown rice farina
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 teaspoon clove powder
- pinch sea salt
- Rhubarb compote
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- spring microgreens
- 5 small stalks rhubarb, diced
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 6 dates, pitted & chopped
- 1/2 orange, juiced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 vanilla bean
How to Prepare Brown Rice Porridge With Rhubarb Ginger Compote [Vegan]
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add the brown rice farina and spices, use a fork to whisk together and avoid clumping in the porridge. Reduce to low simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until well combined. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and top with compote, chopped pistachios, citrus zest and a splash of almond milk.
- In a small pot, combine ½ chopped rhubarb, the strawberries, dates, ginger, vanilla and orange juice. Bring to a simmer and allow to cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. As the mix starts to break down fully, add the remaining diced rhubarb and cook for another 5 minutes until tender but not dissolved – texture is the aim here! Remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.