This cake is awesome for so many reasons mainly because it tastes just so good! It is definitely an easy dessert cake on the go and is really delish.
Chocolate Millet Cake [Vegan]
- 2 cups wholewheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup finger millet flour
- 1 1/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (scant)
- 1/2 teaspoon rock salt (less if using sea salt)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 360ºF.
- Generously grease one 8 cup bundt pan with oil. Dust with flour. Tap to remove excess flour.
- You may bake this cake in two 8 inch round cake pans or one large 9 inches round cake pan.
- Take all the dry ingredients (first six ingredients) in a large bowl.
- Whisk together nicely.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well to get a lump free batter.
- Pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven after 10 minutes. Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy plain or with ganache.