Autumn is officially here, which means it’s the perfect time for cozy and Thanksgiving-inspired recipes. No other holiday captures the spirit of home cooking the way Thanksgiving does. This is why we are so excited about our newest cookbook Gratitude: Plant-Based Recipes to Create your own Thanksgiving Tradition! From the perfect pot roast to traditional stuffings and casseroles, make this holiday extra special by sharing good food with family and friends!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Creamy Pumpkin Soup With Pumpkin Sour Cream
Jazz up creamy pumpkin soup with crispy chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, toasted pumpkin seeds, and artichokes! The breaded “parmesan” baked artichokes give this meal a little extra oomph, but the soup is just as delectable without them. The pomegranate seeds were a wonderfully sweet addition that is a necessity in this Creamy Pumpkin Soup With Pumpkin Sour Cream recipe by Gina Fontana.
2. The Vegducken: Butternut Squash Stuffed With Eggplant, Zucchini, and a Mushroom Lentil Stuffing
Meet the ultimate holiday centerpiece: The Vegducken: Butternut Squash Stuffed With Eggplant, Zucchini, and a Mushroom Lentil Stuffing by Jasmine Briones. It looks too show-stoppingly awesome to eat without taking hundreds of photos but smells so mouthwateringly delicious that you might forget all about that part. Roasted butternut squash is stuffed with eggplant, zucchini, and whole scallions, and layered with a savory, filling of sautéed mushrooms, red onion, scallions, red lentil, chickpeas, and gluten-free breadcrumbs that are puréed into crumbly deliciousness. Happy Thanksgiving.
3. Easy Garlic Chive Twice-Baked Potatoes
4. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese Casserole
This Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese Casserole by Gabrielle St. Claire is comfort food heaven. Sweet, creamy butternut squash is paired with decadently cheesy macaroni elbows and sealed with a unique flatbread topping. The finishing touches put it over the top, from the smoky shiitake bacon to the red pepper flakes and maple syrup. Normally, we’d say this casserole is perfect to make for a week of easy meals, but we know this one will only last a few days.
5. Everything Bagel Holiday Stuffing
This Everything Bagel Holiday Stuffing recipe by Jasmine Briones is a riff off of traditional sourdough stuffing but it has something special – bagels. Everything bagels add a punch of flavor that you wouldn’t get otherwise and makes this stuffing the bomb. This delightful side dish is perfect for the holidays.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.