Make these easy garlic chive twice-baked potatoes for a perfect dairy-free side dish. Not only is this recipe creamy and cheesy, but it's also vegan.
Easy Garlic Chive Twice-Baked Potatoes [Vegan]
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup nut or oat milk (cashew or almond)
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 3 medium chives chopped, divided
- 1 generous pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella or cheddar, shredded
- Preheat oven 400° F.
- Wash the potatoes, then use sharp knife or fork to pierce the potatoes to allow steam to be released while cooking.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until potatoes can easily be pierced with a knife, then remove from the oven.
- Turn oven to 350° F.
- Allow potatoes to slightly cool, then slice in half, lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the potato middle and add to a medium-sized bowl. Set potato skins in small baking dish.
- In the medium bowl, mash the cream cheese, vegan margarine, nut or oat milk, minced garlic, fresh chopped parsley, half of the chopped chives, salt, and pepper with the potato.
- Use a spoon to add the creamy mashed potato back into the potato skins.
- Top with either mozzarella or cheddar plant-based cheese.
- Reheat the twice-baked potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with the leftover chopped chives.
The twice-baked potatoes will last about 5 days in the fridge, stored in an air-tight container. Reheat in microwave for 1-2 minutes on a microwave-safe plate.