This recipe is a riff off of traditional sourdough stuffing but it has something special – bagels. Everything bagels add a punch of flavor that you wouldn’t get otherwise and really makes this stuffing the bomb. This delightful side dish is perfect for the holidays.
Everything Bagel Holiday Stuffing [Vegan]
- 6 cups diced everything bagels
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the diced bagels on a baking sheet and bake for eight minutes, or until it is dried out and lightly browned.
- Heat a 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth in a large skillet over medium. Saute the onions, celery, garlic, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the broth and cook them on medium until everything is soft and translucent.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bagel cubes, the cooked ingredients, and all the remaining ingredients except the remaining broth.
- Once the mixture is uniform, pour the broth in slowly while gently mixing to moisten the ingredients evenly.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the bagel chunks are lightly browned.