Warm cinnamon and nutmeg paired with hearty veggies make this spiced soup the perfect meal for a chilly autumn day.
Spiced Butternut Squash Winter Vegetable Soup [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Spiced Butternut Squash Winter Vegetable Soup [Vegan]
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cut butternut squash
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 organic vegetable bouillon cubes or vegetable broth
How To Make Spiced Butternut Squash Winter Vegetable Soup [Vegan]
- In a large pot, add a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots, squash and sweet potato.
- Add the cinnamon and nutmeg, and mix through.
- Fill the pot with water or vegetable broth up to just slightly below where you would hit the top of the vegetables. If you used water, break up the two bouillon cubes into pieces and put them in the pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat to a simmer for 30-35 minutes until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Add to a blender and blend until smooth.
For extra creaminess, add a splash or two of almond milk to the blender while blending.
- Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 358 | Total Carbs: 43 g | Total Fat: 17 g | Total Protein: 8 g | Total Sodium: 138 mg | Total Sugar: 21 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Looks very good! <3 try that tomorrow.