This vegetable bulgur salad is so healthy for you! The colors are fabulous, the flavors are delicious, and it’s great cold or warm!
Mixed Roasted Vegetable Bulgur [Vegan]
- 2 cups uncooked bulgur wheat
- 2 zucchini
- 4 carrots
- 1 white onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can petite diced tomato
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Slice the onion and red pepper, toss with a little bit of olive oil and roast in the oven for about 25 minutes (or until soft and starting to get caramelized)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the bulgur and cook until tender – about 15-20 minutes. Drain bulgur and add to a large bowl.
- Slice carrots and zucchini into strips and saute in a small saucepan with a little bit of olive oil until tender.
- In the same sauce pan that you used for the zucchini and carrots, make the tomato sauce. Add a little bit more olive oil and saute the garlic until fragrant. Add the cumin, coriander, and oregano and toast for about 30 seconds. Add the diced tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes to heat through.
- Add all the vegetables and tomato sauce to the bulgur and mix well. Finally add fresh parsley and salt and pepper to taste! Serve hot, warm, or cold.