Ever wanted to make your own whole food crackers? Bite into the crunch of brown rice in this homemade vegan cracker. This vegan cracker is easy to make and so much cheaper than store bought crackers. These are dairy free, egg free & gluten free.
Brown Rice Crackers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dry brown rice (200g)
- 1 cup dry quinoa (200g)
- Approx 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup flax seed (54g)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (45g)
- 1/4 cup black sesame seed (30g)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cooking rice and quinoa in different pots.
- Grind cooked brown rice in food processor. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time. This will be super sticky.
- Add cooked quinoa & soy sauce to the brown rice and processor. Either add more salt now or sprinkle the salt on top before baking.
- Pour sticky rice & quinoa dough into a bowl and mix with chia, flax and chia.
- Grease 2 parchment papers with oil and sandwich dough in the middle. Roll dough thin between the parchment paper. This makes 3 or more trays depending on how how large your baking sheet is and how thin the dough is rolled.
- Cut into desired shapes then bake at 350°F for 20-15 minutes. Flip half way through. If your crackers are thick then they’ll take longer. Bake til dry and crispy! ENJOY!
- Brown Rice