The flavors in this coconut brown rice bowl are quite complimenting. The coconut rice adds a cozy flavor, the roasted sweet potatoes add a delicious sweetness, the black beans add a subtle savoriness, and the celery adds a lovely crunch. The avocado a la creme dressing and pine nuts tie the dish together beautifully. While brown rice can sometimes taste a bit bland and husky, slowly cooking brown rice with half quantities of water and coconut cream makes all the difference. It infuses delicious coconutty flavor into each grain. This coconut brown rice bowl is not only tasty, but also really healthy! Brown rice is rich in manganese, iron, zinc, phosphorous, calcium, selenium, magnesium, potassium, and many vitamins. It is also a great source of protein! This coconut brown rice bowl is a wholesome dish loaded with nutrients and delicious flavor!
Coconut Brown Rice Bowl With Avocado Cream Dressing [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Brown Rice Bowl:
- 2 Cups Brown Rice (Organic)(soaked, rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut Cream
- 1 Orange Sweet Potato (Cubed)
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans (Drained and rinsed)
- 1 Stalk Celery
- 1 tablespoon Pine Nuts (Roasted)
- Coconut Oil for Roasting
For the Avocado a La Creme Dressing:
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 Lemon (Juiced)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Cream
- 2cm Thumb Ginger (Grated)
- Dash of Good quality Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
For the Avocado a La Creme Dressing
- In a blender, add the avocado, lemon juice, ginger and coconut cream.
- Blend until smooth, gently adding the Olive Oil. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender a couple of times until the desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve chilled.
For the Brown Rice Bowl
- Place the cubed sweet potato into a small roasting dish, add some coconut oil and roast until soft.
- Place the clean soaked brown rice into a medium pot. Add the water and coconut cream and bring to the boil.
- Turn heat down and allow to simmer until cooked, ensuring it doesn't stick to the bottom. Eventually it will absorb all the water so no rinsing is necessary afterwards.
- Alternatively cook in a rice cooker.
- De-vein and chop your celery stick and lightly roast your pine nuts.
- Once your rice and sweet potato are cooked, place rice into a bowl. Gently stir in the beans and the celery. Add a sprinkle of salt to season.
- Add the roasted sweet potato, Avocado a La Creme dressing, and top with the roasted pine nuts.