These baked spinach and bulgur veggie balls are a great option for weeknight dinners. Packed with bulgur, chickpeas, sunflower seed, spinach, and your favorite herbs and spices, all you need to do is mix everything together in a bowl, then bake until they're crispy. These go perfectly with pasta, on top of salad, or in wraps.
Baked Spinach and Bulgur Veggie Balls [Vegan]
- 3 chia eggs (3 tablespoons chia seeds soaked for 10 minutes 9 tablespoons water)
- 1 1/3 cups bulgur
- 3.5 ounces fresh spinach
- Approximately 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup pitted olives of choice
- 1/3 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- Spices of choice
- Cut the spinach into strips. Soak bulgur for 10 minutes in water. Drain excess water from bulgur and wash it well.
- Preheat oven to 320°F. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Using moist hands, form veggie balls and arrange them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake meatballs for 30 minutes or until they easily peel off of the baking paper.
- Serve with pasta and fresh herbs as desired.