Having IBS or symptoms of IBS is uncomfortable. However, following a low FODMAP diet can help. A low FODMAP diet means a diet low in fermentable oligo-, di-, monosaccharides, and polyols, which are short-chain carbs that are resistant to digestion. Foods that are low in these short chains include bananas, blueberries, carrots, celery, and herbs and spices. These foods can help your digestion operate better. This meal plan is packed with vegetable and fruit-filled meals to leave you full and satisfied. Remember, everyone’s digestion is different, so if something doesn’t work for you, feel free to substitute or make any changes you need.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you low FOPMAP foods to promote healthy digestion for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert that are fully vegan and plant-based!
Source: Chocolate Banana Pancakes
These breakfasts are a great way to start your day off on the right foot. You can enjoy these beautiful banana panacakes or even have a bowl of warm oats!
- Chocolate Banana Pancakes by Stefani Weiss
- Pear and Parsley Smoothie by Annie Oliverio
- Kale, Sweet Potato and Tempeh Breakfast Hash by Plant Protein Recipes That You’ll Love
- Apple, Pecan, and Cinnamon Overnight Oats by Sophie Parker
- Apple Cinnamon Buckwheat Porridge by Kristina Jug & Mitja Bezenšek
Source: Low Fodmap Veggie Burger
These lunches are great for healthy digestion! Not only can you enjoy these low FODMAP burgers, but there are so many other foods out there that make a delicious lunch! Check out the options below!
Source: Green Goddess Bowl
At the end of the day, enjoying foods that promote healthy digestion can help you end your day on a good note. These dinner ideas are not only delicious but will have you feeling excellent.
- Tempeh Goreng: Indonesian Spicy-Sweet Tempeh by Karlijn Wever
- Immunity Boosting Miso Soup by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Sweet Potato Bites With Guacamole and Cauliflower by Alexandra Dawson
- Crispy Peanutty Tofu and Trumpet Mushrooms by Sean McCarthy
- Green Goddess Bowl by Rachel Carr
Source: Strawberry Vanilla Crumble
Did you know that you can enjoy sweets and keep your digestion in check? These sweet treats are wonderful to enjoy, especially this low FODMAP brownie!
- Low FODMAP Brownies With Salted Caramel Sauce by Karlijn Wever
- Strawberry Vanilla Crumble by Stefani Weiss
- Raw Truffles with Chia, Carob and Coconut by Emily von Euw
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies by Fabio Gallo
- Coconut and Raspberry Ice Cream Bites by Stefani Weiss
Source: Dragon Fruit Rainbow Rolls
These snacks are great for healthy digestion! Not only are the colors just incredible, but you’re getting wonderful nutrients that your body will thank you for!
- Simple Fermented Vegetables by Daniela Modesto
- Fermented Carrots With Turmeric and Mustard by Gabriella Hose and Joe Furini
- Dragon Fruit Rainbow Rolls by Travis Piper
- Cran-Pomegranate Kombucha Mocktail by Lauren Kirchmaier
- Yaprak Sarma: Low FODMAP Turkish Stuffed Grape Leaves by Karlijn Wever
- Raw Superfood Granola Bars by Nikki and Zuzana
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Recipes at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based or even giving one of these vitamin-rich citrus meals a try, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!