Soft vegan peanut butter cookies are the ultimate cozy Sunday afternoon treat. These cookies are so yummy and easy to make. Topping these soft vegan peanut butter cookies with chopped roasted peanuts will give them additional crunch and flavor.
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (all natural - crunchy or smooth)
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/2 flax egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- about 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts (more if you used smooth peanut butter)
- Prepare ½ flax egg by mixing ½ tablespoon of ground flax seeds with 1½ tablespoons of cold water, let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all 'wet' ingredients (up to the flour) and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and well combined.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt before adding it to the wet ingredients. Mix well until you have a soft dough. Add more chopped peanuts if you like.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Divide dough into 6 equal pieces and roll them into a ball. Slightly press some chopped peanuts into the dough and flatten the balls at the same time.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes.The tops will be soft but will set as the cookies cool. If the tops and edges both are too soft, bake for an extra minute.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet for 10 minutes, before transfer them on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Peanut Butter