This Gluten Free Strawberry Vanilla Crumble doesn’t only make a great, sweet and nutritious breakfast but is perfect as a summer dessert. And this recipe is the formula for a simple, sweet and refreshing, nutritious treat. If you have a sweet tooth and you like your breakfast to taste like a fruitcake, then this is the recipe for you!
Strawberry Vanilla Crumble [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the base:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 2 3/4 cup ground sunflower seed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Marinate the strawberries with vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Grease your tart tin with coconut oil and spread the strawberries equally.
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients for the base, add the maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and water and stir until everything is well combined.
- Cover the fruit and place the crumble in the oven to bake for 20 to 30 min on 350°F, or until golden brown crisp is formed.
- Serve with a vegan or lactose-free ice cream. (optional)
- Don't forget to enjoy!
If you are highly sensitive to gluten, make sure you use certified gluten-free oats. For low FODMAP, use pure maple syrup not maple flavored syrup (as that one could be high FODMAP).