Wow, I love balls. This recipe has only a few ingredients, all of which are super foods in their whole, raw form. I had trouble restraining myself from eating all the mix before I rolled them out but I can proudly say I only devoured like... 1/4 of it. This is where you say "Good job, Emily." Even my kitty was tempted by the coconut flakes. I quickly googled "cats and coconut" and it turns out coconut oil is excellent for your animal companions! Holla.
Raw Truffles with Chia, Carob and Coconut
Ingredients You Need for Raw Truffles with Chia, Carob and Coconut
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- Dash of salt and vanilla, if desired
- Coconut flakes
- Carob powder
- Chia seeds
How to Prepare Raw Truffles with Chia, Carob and Coconut
- To make the balls: process the walnuts, oats and carob in your food processor until they become a rough flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it sticks together. If it is still too crumbly or dry, add 1 tablespoon of liquid coconut oil or a few more dates.
- Press the mix into balls with your hands.
- Roll in the coatings. Nom.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.