Serve this soup with steamed short grain brown rice that has been cooked with a little bit of coconut oil for added immune support. Sprinkle with gomasio and pink sea salt for extra yumminess! This soup can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner and is totally kid-friendly!
Immunity Boosting Miso Soup [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon braggs amino acids or tamari
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (thinned out with a little water)
- large handful of baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup extra firm tofu, cubed
- pinch wakame flakes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Add olive oil or oil of your choice to a large soup pot over medium-low heat. Add garlic and fresh ginger root, sauté until fragrant. Add mushrooms and sauté until they release their moisture. Add broth and water and simmer on low for 30-45 minutes.
- Remove mushroom broth from heat and stir in bragg's amino acids, toasted sesame seed oil and miso paste. (before adding miso to soup, thin miso paste out by mixing with a little water in a small bowl)
- Before serving add spinach, carrots, tofu and wakame flakes to a bowl then add steaming broth on top. Garnish with scallions and serve with brown rice.