Cucumber is the star of this very summery gazpacho. This recipe is slightly spicy, with the addition of scallions and garlic and creamy with the sour cream. If you don't have access to vegan sour cream, skip it and blend the avocado into the soup for that same rich, creamy taste and texture! Serve this gazpacho with a piece of crusty bread on the side or with a warm salad.
Cucumber Gazpacho [Vegan]
- 1 medium English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2-3 scallions, both white and green parts chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoons chopped almonds
- Combine cucumber, green pepper, scallions, sour cream, lime juice, garlic clove, salt, and pepper in a blender. Blend until creamy or leave it chunky, depending on your preference.
- Divide into bowls and chill for at least an hour. Serve topped with chopped almonds and avocado.
Makes about 5 1/4 cups. Adapted from Epicurious.