These sweet potato bites are perfect for an appetizer or a party. The creamy mashed sweet potato is topped perfectly spiced cauliflower, and guacamole. The flavor combination is out of this world.
Sweet Potato Bites With Guacamole and Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 mini sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, sliced very small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch of ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup guacamole
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime juice, for garnish
- Pumpkin seed, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F, rack in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash each potato, then make a quarter-inch deep slit, lengthwise, down each one’s center.
- Place them on parchment, slit side up, and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until potatoes are very soft to the touch.
- Remove them from the heat and half each potato lengthwise.
- Using a fork, gently mash the inside of each potato, making sure the shape of the potato’s halves in the potato’s skins remain intact.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic and sauté them, stirring frequently, until cauliflower is just browning (about 5-8 minutes).
- Stir in diced tomatoes, cumin, turmeric, and the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté the mixture for an additional 5 minutes, or until mixture is well combined and cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Place the potato halves on your desired serving tray, mashed sides facing up.
- Top each one with 1 tablespoon guacamole, and equal amounts of cauliflower mixture. Garnish with the cilantro leaves, a squeeze of fresh lime, and pumpkin seeds.