These sweet potato bites are perfect for an appetizer or a party. The creamy mashed sweet potato is topped perfectly spiced cauliflower, and guacamole. The flavor combination is out of this world.
Sweet Potato Bites With Guacamole and Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Sweet Potato Bites With Guacamole and Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 8 mini sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, sliced very small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- A pinch of ground turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup guacamole
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Lime juice, for garnish
- Pumpkin seed, for garnish
How to Prepare Sweet Potato Bites With Guacamole and Cauliflower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 425°F, rack in the middle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thoroughly wash each potato, then make a quarter-inch deep slit, lengthwise, down each one’s center.
- Place them on parchment, slit side up, and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until potatoes are very soft to the touch.
- Remove them from the heat and half each potato lengthwise.
- Using a fork, gently mash the inside of each potato, making sure the shape of the potato’s halves in the potato’s skins remain intact.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic and sauté them, stirring frequently, until cauliflower is just browning (about 5-8 minutes).
- Stir in diced tomatoes, cumin, turmeric, and the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté the mixture for an additional 5 minutes, or until mixture is well combined and cauliflower is fork tender.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Place the potato halves on your desired serving tray, mashed sides facing up.
- Top each one with 1 tablespoon guacamole, and equal amounts of cauliflower mixture. Garnish with the cilantro leaves, a squeeze of fresh lime, and pumpkin seeds.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.