The greens we’re focusing on here are kale, asparagus, and broccoli. Oh, and there’s a hint of radish in there for color. There’s a lovely creamy green hummus on top, made from white beans and spinach. Avocado gives a nice serving of healthy, creamy plant-based fats to keep you satisfied for hours.
Green Goddess Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Green Goddess Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Green Hummus:
- 3 1/2-ounces fresh spinach
- 15-ounces, white beans (canned or cooked)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch smoked paprika
For the Green Goddess Bowls:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 spears asparagus, bottom trimmed
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced (as garnish)
- 1/4 bunch cilantro (as garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon za'atar (as garnish)
How to Prepare Green Goddess Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Green Hummus:
- Bring a small pot of water to boil and submerge the spinach in the boiling water for about 30 seconds. Remove from the water and set aside. Save the water to steam your broccoli.
- Place the blanched spinach, white beans, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper and smoked paprika in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to use.
For the Green Goddess Bowl:
- Cut the avocado in half and slice lengthwise. Set aside until building the bowls.
- Using the same boiling water that you blanched the spinach, place the broccoli florets in a colander over the simmering water and cover with a lid. Steam until florets are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus spears to the skillet and cook until just browned and barely tender! In the last 3 minutes of cooking add the kale to the pan and cook until the greens have wilted.
- Heat the cooked quinoa and place in 2 bowls. Place ½ of the avocado in each bowl, as well as half the broccoli, and asparagus and kale. Place a generous dollop of the green hummus in each bowl. Garnish each bowl with radish, cilantro, and za'atar.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 1145 | Carbs: 131 g | Fat: 58 g | Protein: 39 g | Sodium: 1077 mg | Sugar: 5 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.