Getting in smaller nutrients such as iron and zinc can feel tough; it can be hard to tell if you’re getting enough, or if you need more. However, eating a well-rounded variety of fruits and vegetables allows you to get many different micro- and macro-nutrients from an assortment of foods! This meal plan focuses on getting in enough zinc and iron, which are two essential micronutrients. Cashews, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and kale are all great sources of iron, while great sources of zinc include legumes, nuts, seeds, and tofu.
If you’re looking for more information about zinc and iron, check out these sources: How to get Zinc on a Plant-Based Diet to Improve Immunity and Reduce Inflammation and 15 Zinc-Rich Recipes to Boost Immunity and Reduce Inflammation, and 10 Iron-Rich Plant-Based Foods For More Energy and Stamina!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Weekly Meal Plan Archives!
Are you ready to have a week full of delicious vegan food that leaves you nourished and content? Let’s get started!
This week, we’re bringing you zinc and iron-rich meals to enjoy for your breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert! And, they are fully vegan and plant-based!
Happy Monday! Kick off your week with these delicious meals, including this crunchy granola, yummy tacos, and end the day with a sweet treat of chocolate pumpkin seed bark!
- Breakfast: Grain-Free Coconut Hemp Seed Granola by Mitra Shirmohammadi
- Lunch: Seed Crackers by Sara Oliveria with Lemony White Bean Dip by Crissy Cavanaugh
- Dinner: Chickpea Tempeh Tacos With Cashew Crema by Taavi Moore
- Dessert: Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Bark by Holly Bertone
Source: Rice with Olives and Basil
It’s Tuesday and it’s the perfect day for delicious muffins that are made with hemp seeds! These muffins can be made in a blender, which makes this recipe come to get super easily. Plus, you can use the extras for a snack or another breakfast throughout the week!
- Breakfast: Walnut Hemp Blender Muffins by Robin Runner
- Lunch: Rice with Olives and Basil by Kelly Jaggers
- Dinner: Grilled Mexican Quesadilla With Lentils by Taylor Kiser
- Dessert: Fudgy Chocolate, Pistachio, and Pumpkin Seed Butter Cookies by Clémence Moulaert
Source: Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo
It’s the middle of the week and you might feel like the week is moving too quickly or too slowly. No worries, these meals have got your back. Start off with this meal of tofu strips and waffles for breakfast, and enjoy a warming soup for dinner. Plus, these cookie bars are a wonderful way to end your day with something sweet!
- Breakfast: ‘Chicken’ Tofu Strips and Waffles by Kiran Shahbaz
- Lunch: Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo by Annie Kimmelman
- Dinner: Hearty Black Bean Soup by Julie Zimmer
- Dessert: Apricot, Almond, and Dark Chocolate Cookie Bars by Molly Patrick
The week is nearly over, and it’s hard to believe that it’s possible to incorporate iron and zinc in your meals. Start this day with a simple parfait that you can eat on-the-go! And end the day with some delicious berry crumble bars that you can enjoy with a tall glass of non-dairy milk!
- Breakfast: Parfait With Berry-Cashew Cream and Homemade Granola by Amanda Froelich
- Lunch: Smashed Lentils with Grilled Vegetables by Elsa Brobbey
- Dinner: Crispy Tofu in a Sweet and Sour Sauce by Maria Gureeva
- Dessert: Blueberry Walnut Crumble Bars by Caroline Doucet
Source: Kale Pesto Soba Noodle Bowls
Happy Friday! End the week on a delicious note with this west coast kale salad for dinner, and enjoy a raw carrot cake with a cashew vanilla frosting! This dessert is perfect to start your weekend with, and you can enjoy any extras with a few friends!
- Breakfast: Blender Mocha Cashew Latte by Caroline Doucet
- Lunch: Kale Pesto Soba Noodle Bowls by Kelli Foster
- Dinner: West Coast Kale Salad by Nikki and Zuzana
- Dessert: Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Vanilla Frosting by Kirsten Kaminski
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!