This Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo is hearty, delicious, and super easy to throw together. The highlights of this salad include vegan shredded cheese, a base of crispy romaine, and flavorful tofu chorizo. Perfect addition to your weekly meal prep!
Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1/4 cup brown or cauliflower rice
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1 corn tortilla cut into thin strips
- 1 head romaine lettuce cut into shreds
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons shredded vegan cheese
For the Tofu Chorizo:
- 1/4 block super firm tofu
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise - can sub for cashew cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-3 tablespoon filtered water adjust depending on how thick you want your dressing
- Cook brown rice.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn then chop the bell peppers.
- Spray a pan with oil spray (I used avocado) and sauté the bell peppers. Set aside.
- Use a fork to crumble the tofu. add to a small bowl and toss with seasoning. Sauté in the avocado oil until crispy then set aside.
- Cut the corn tortilla into strips and place in your air fryer or oven at 400°F and bake until crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve in strips or crumble them with your hand.
- Arrange ingredients in a bowl. top with the dressing, 1/2 a lime, and sea salt.