This Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo is hearty, delicious, and super easy to throw together. The highlights of this salad include vegan shredded cheese, a base of crispy romaine, and flavorful tofu chorizo. Perfect addition to your weekly meal prep!
Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1/4 cup brown or cauliflower rice
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1 corn tortilla cut into thin strips
- 1 head romaine lettuce cut into shreds
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1/4 jalapeño pepper optional
- 2 tablespoons shredded vegan cheese
For the Tofu Chorizo:
- 1/4 block super firm tofu
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
For the Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise - can sub for cashew cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-3 tablespoon filtered water adjust depending on how thick you want your dressing
How to Prepare Taco Salad with Tofu Chorizo [Vegan]
- Cook brown rice.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn then chop the bell peppers.
- Spray a pan with oil spray (I used avocado) and sauté the bell peppers. Set aside.
- Use a fork to crumble the tofu. add to a small bowl and toss with seasoning. Sauté in the avocado oil until crispy then set aside.
- Cut the corn tortilla into strips and place in your air fryer or oven at 400°F and bake until crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve in strips or crumble them with your hand.
- Arrange ingredients in a bowl. top with the dressing, 1/2 a lime, and sea salt.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.