These yummy carrot slices are really great and so easy to make. Since you don’t have to bake them, you just whip up both the cake and the frosting ingredients in your high-speed blender, place it in the freezer to cool down and voila! It’s also a great way to make your kids eat some more carrots by the way!
Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Vanilla Frosting [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup oats (gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked in water for 6 hours - alternatively you can boil them for 15 minutes)
- 2-3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
For the Topping:
- crushed pistachios
- more vanilla bean powder
- For the dough, place all the batter ingredients in a high-speed blender until combined. You want it to be rather hard - if it's too mushy add more oats and/or shredded coconut.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough inside. Use a spatula or the backside of a pie server to evenly press the dough down. Place in the freezer while you make the frosting.
- Mix all the ingredients for the frosting and blend them up in your mixer. You might want to adjust the sweetness according to your personal taste. Once smooth (shouldn't be too liquid but creamy), pour it over the hardened dough and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Top with crushed pistachios and more ground vanilla beans and place in the fridge, if you prefer it to be more soft, or in the freezer, if you want it to harden up a bit (in case you store it in the freezer make sure to let it cool down at room temperature before eating).